Cyprus – Russia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cyprus 0-2 Russia
Date: 04.09.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cyprus – Russia Match Preview
- Suffering a 0-3 midweek disaster in Malta, Cyprus have now crashed to three consecutive defeats in 2021. Having earned a red card before a goal was even scored in their two most recent matches, they can attribute most of their woes to poor behaviour. Here, they’ll certainly welcome a return home, where they’ve earned all four of their 2022 World Cup Qualification (WCQ) points so far.
- That is, until they remember who their opponents are for this fixture. Cyprus suffered their heaviest defeat of their entire qualification campaign for the 2020 European Championships when hosting Russia in October 2019 (0-5), a result that still stands as their largest losing margin at home in any competition this century. They also had a player sent off that day!
- Many were keen to see what immediate influence new Russian manager Valery Karpin would have upon the national team on debut, and a cagey scoreless draw with former World Cup finalists Croatia proved a positive start. In the process, he became Russia’s sixth consecutive head coach to kick their stewardship off with either a win or a draw.
- Russia have conceded just a single goal to Cyprus from five H2H meetings (W4, D1) and must fancy their chances of another clean sheet here. Whilst their trip here presents itself as a golden opportunity to boost their goal difference, the visitors haven’t proven themselves especially assertive on the road. That’s because Russia have won just two of their six matches as pre-match favourites in an opposition country since 2020 (D2, L2), whilst keeping just one clean sheet.
- Players to watch: Cyprus forward Ioannis Pittas was their last player to score in a home fixture. Meanwhile, Aleksandr Golovin was the only member of Russia’s most recent starting XI to score in their last trip to Cyprus.
- Hot stat: The HT result has been replicated at the final whistle in all but one of Russia’s last 13 matches.