Albania – Hungary Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Albania 1-0 Hungary
Date: 05.09.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.58 | Bookie: Unibet.
Albania – Hungary Match Preview
- This seventh meeting between Albania and Hungary has been preceded by both teams suffering their heaviest defeat since at least October 2019! With England breaking away from the Group I peloton on Thursday evening, it appears as though these two nations will be scrapping alongside Poland for the coveted second place position in this World Cup Qualification (WCQ) group.
- After three away games from their opening four WCQ matches (W2, D1, L1), Albania have two quickfire home games in the central metropolis of Elbasan, a venue where the hosts have not lost their last seven internationals (W5, D2). That includes wins in both of their starts as underdogs during that period (vs Wales and Iceland).
- All but one of the eight games involving either nation in this WCQ cycle has been won by the pre-match favourite (D1) and Hungary will be hoping things continue to follow that script as they pursue their first World Cup finals appearance since 1986. Despite accounting for three decades in the wilderness with appearances at Euro 2016 & 2020, as well as consecutive UEFA Nations League promotions, their rebuild will feel incomplete until they reach another World Cup.
- Their two assignments on the road in this tournament have been passed with flying colours – three-goal winning margins involving 1-0 HT leads. In fact, not only has the second half been the highest scoring half in 11 of their last 17 matches, but those particular 11 games have averaged a jaw-dropping 2.91 second-half goals each, so patient fans could be rewarded handsomely after the interval.
- Players to watch: Sokol Cikalleshi has now scored in four of his last five competitive appearances for Albania or Konyaspor, including three team opening goals. Meanwhile, defender Attila Fiola has scored in two of his last six internationals, including in Hungary’s last away win.
- Hot stat: Hungary have scored 19 goals and conceded none across the six H2Hs (W5, D1).