Austria – Scotland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Austria 0-1 Scotland
Date: 07.09.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Austria – Scotland Match Preview
- Expect no love lost in a H2H that was once abandoned in 1963 due to waist-high tackles, punches and persistent fouling! Incredibly, that battle of 63’ was a ‘friendly’ in front of 95,000 spectators at Hampden Park, but expect a better behaved game this time around, although no less passion, as after Austria’s 5-2 defeat on Saturday they’ve slumped to fourth in Group F and will see this match in Vienna as a must win.
- That defeat did see Austria score at least two goals for the fourth time this World Cup Qualification (WCQ) campaign though, and a quick attacking start could be beneficial in this clash as since Franco Foda took charge nearly four years ago, 70.73% of Austria’s games have seen the team that scored first go on to win.
- With the fight for second place involving three teams and looking like it could go down to the wire, Scotland will be battling hard for a result too. A 1-0 win over bottom side Moldova on Saturday was a poor scoreline considering GD may be a tie breaker, but it did at least end Scotland’s four-game winless run (D1, L3), and will give them hope that they can continue a four-game unbeaten streak vs Austria in competitive action (W1, D3).
- The last H2H was a 2-2 draw in March where Scotland fought back twice from a losing position, and they’ll need that fighting spirit once again here as they face a country ranked 152 places better than their previous opponents Moldova. If they can score first this time around it would stand them in good stead – the Scots are unbeaten within 90 minutes in the last ten internationals in which they netted first (W7, D3).
- Players to watch: After his goal vs Israel, Christoph Baumgartner has now scored before HT in three of Austria’s five WCQs, whilst Lyndon Dykes finally ended a 12-game goalless run for Scotland after scoring vs Moldova.
- Hot stat: Just one of the 21 previous H2Hs ended goalless.