Brazil – Peru Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Brazil 2-0 Peru
Date: 10.09.2021 | Match at: 01:30 | League: World Cup – Qualification – Round 10 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Brazil – Peru Match Preview
- Brazil’s last World Cup Qualification (WCQ) fixture ended in farce, as health authorities detained Argentinian players after just five minutes of play. Despite this disruption, the five-time world champions know their tickets to Qatar will soon be booked, with the ‘Seleção’ still on course to record a first perfect qualifying phase since the campaign for ‘Spain 1982’.
- Given their extra rest time and airtight defence, Brazil are favoured to extend their run of five WCQ victories ‘to nil’, which began following a come from behind win in this campaign’s reverse fixture. Even without a clean sheet, Brazil should win comfortably, having netted 3+ goals in four of the last five competitive H2Hs.
- After finishing fourth at this year’s Copa América, Peru have returned to WCQ action with four of a possible six points during this international break, leaving them within touching distance of qualification. Yet there is still a cautionary overtone, as Peru have not reached successive finals since the World Cup editions of 1978 and 1982.
- Whilst Peru avoided conceding last time out, it should be noted that they have a meagre 10% win-rate in all-time H2Hs (W5, D9, L36). Furthermore, Peru have only kept a clean sheet against the lowest-ranked CONMEBOL nation (Venezuela) across their last 18 games – though that run did begin in September 2019 following a rare 1-0 victory over Brazil!
- Players to watch: Neymar has scored in four international games in 2021, netting either the first or second match goal each time. However the talismanic Brazilian hasn’t found the net for his country since June. Christian Cueva scored his second international goal of 2021 last time out, he returns to the country where he plied his trade prior to his move to Saudi Arabia.
- Hot stat: A 85.71% majority (12) of Peru’s last 14 games have seen at least one goal before HT.