Empoli – Venezia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Empoli 1-2 Venezia
Date: 11.09.2021 | Match at: 14:00 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 3 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Empoli – Venezia Match Preview
- A first away goal against Juventus in Serie A (SA) since 2006 was enough to give Empoli a sensational victory against the Turin giants last time out (1-0). Curiously, they also beat them on matchday two 1-0 in 1987, but still went on to be relegated that season! They now return home on a high, but where they lost to Lazio in the season opener after an impressive run of 22 competitive outings without a single defeat (W14, D8).
- Despite the goal average in SA constantly increasing over the last few years, this fixture might buck that trend as each of the last four H2Hs since 2019 have witnessed exactly two strikes (EMP: W1, D2, L1). However, there’s some hope for neutrals as five of Empoli’s last six home competitive matches (W4, D1, L1) have featured over 2.5 goals and both teams getting on the scoresheet.
- That said, Venezia remain one of only two sides yet to score this SA campaign (L2 / GD: -5) and the fact they play their third straight match away from home due to the modernisation of their home stadium, doesn’t help. Even at this early stage Venezia fans surely fear a repetition of their last top-tier campaign (2001/02), when the ’Lagunari’ failed to win any of their first 13 matches and were subsequently relegated.
- The visitors registered a league-high 11 away stalemates last term in Serie B, something they surely would accept in this fixture to kick-start their season. Worryingly though, they’ve won only three of their last eight away league matches when leading at HT (D4, L1).
- Players to watch: Leonardo Mancuso’s first-half opener gave Empoli all three points last time out, and ten of his last 13 competitive strikes have now arrived before HT. Meanwhile, none of Francesco Forte‘s last five goals came before the 45th minute.
- Hot stat: Empoli have avoided defeat in eight of their last 12 home league matches (66.67%) when trailing at HT (W4, D4, L4).