Montpellier – St Etienne Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Montpellier 2-0 St Etienne
Date: 12.09.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 5 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Montpellier – St Etienne Match Preview
- Two struggling Ligue 1 (L1) clubs with fewer clean sheets than a one-star hotel promise an entertaining encounter after some underwhelming, but goal-filled efforts in August. Montpellier and St Étienne both subsequently come into this fixture battling their outright or joint-worst four-game starts to a L1 season in at least half a decade.
- Montpellier look set for another mid-table campaign after failing to finish above sixth following their title winning season of 2011/12. Their four L1 fixtures in August (W1, D1, L2) produced a league-high total of 18 goals, with the team managing to net nine times themselves despite losing their two top scorers from 2020/21 (Gaëtan Laborde and Andy Delort) late in the transfer window.
- St Étienne have fallen behind at one stage in all four L1 outings in August (D3, L1), and whilst producing equalisers on all four occasions has given them hope, another bottom-half finish beckons if they cannot improve their starts. Fittingly, they narrowly avoided relegation (17th) on the two previous occasions when starting a L1 season with three points from four games (2009/10 and 2008/09).
- Their manager, Claude Puel, is still looking to get the better of opposing gaffer Olivier Dall’Oglio after the latter led Brest to three victories over St Étienne across 2019/20 and 2020/21. Both teams even found the back of the net in all three of those games as well!
- Players to watch: In addition to a matchday three goal, Stephy Mavididi scored in a 2020/21 clash with St Étienne. All eyes will be on new St Étienne striker Ignacio Ramírez after he scored in five of ten league matches for Liverpool FC, of Montevideo!
- Hot streak: The last nine H2Hs have been either scoreless or won by one goal (W7, 0-0 x2), only two of which were won by the hosts on the day.