Bologna – Verona Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bologna 1-0 Verona
Date: 13.09.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 3 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bologna – Verona Match Preview
- Bologna fans won’t read too much into their side’s return of four points from the opening two Serie A (SA) rounds. However, the ‘Rossoblù’ have already bettered the one point they got from their opening quartet of 2018/19 – the club’s only season in their current SA tenure to yield a top-half finish.
- Home fans got a winning return to Stadio Renato Dall’Ara in Bologna’s curtain raiser, with a 3-2 thriller that saw their team trail twice. H2H history also suggests that any further end-to-end action may again come later on, with none of Bologna’s last 11 competitive home H2Hs seeing both teams score before the break (HT: W7, D2, L2).
- Hellas Verona entered the international break as one of five teams yet to get off the mark, and are starting to look like early relegation candidates after opening the campaign with two losses. Not even one of their three prior SA relegation seasons this century saw them start off with three straight defeats, but the likelihood of that scenario unfolding here is underlined by a return of three losses in their final four road trips of 2020/21.
- Late defensive lapses have figured prominently in Verona’s league season to date, with the ‘Gialloblu’ conceding an average of 1.5 goals per match beyond the 75th minute. In a similar vein, Verona’s last three away defeats have seen the decisive goal against them arrive in the 70th-80th minutes of play.
- Players to watch: Marko Arnautović is already off the mark for Bologna after his summer move, netting the Rossoblù’s second leveller vs matchday underdogs Salernitana in their previous home game. Davide Faraoni will also be aiming to build on an equaliser, scored vs Napoli back in May (D 1-1). That lowered Verona’s 2020/21 SA loss rate as visiting outsiders to a final 42.86% – the league’s second-best behind AC Milan.
- Hot stat: Seven of Verona’s last ten competitive away H2Hs vs Bologna have stood ‘1-0’ at HT.