Young Boys – Manchester Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Young Boys 2-1 Manchester Utd
Date: 14.09.2021 | Match at: 17:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 1 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.57 | Bookie: Unibet.
Young Boys – Manchester Utd Match Preview
- Although BSC Young Boys once reached the European Cup semi-finals (1958/59), this is just their second UEFA Champions League (UCL) group-stage appearance and on both occasions they’ve been drawn with Manchester United! Their aim here is to translate a decent start to their domestic league campaign (W2, D2, L1) into just their second-ever win against English opposition in European competition (D1, L6), with two of those defeats coming against the visitors.
- That victory vs Tottenham (2010) came at home, where Stadion Wankdorf generates 700,000 kWh of electricity via rooftop solar panels! Aiming to prevent a repeat of their 2018 H2H 3-0 group-stage defeat, they should be ‘charged up’ after scoring three goals in each of their UCL qualifying matches here (W3) and going unbeaten across 11 competitive home fixtures (W10, D1).
- Three-time UCL winners Man United lost last season’s UEFA Europa League final on penalties to fellow Group F participants Villarreal but remain unbeaten in seven competitive games (W4, D3 – 90 minutes only). Their summer signings seem to be settling in nicely, including Cristiano Ronaldo, who netted twice during Saturday’s 4-1 hammering of Newcastle United.
- His first UCL debut for the ‘Red Devils’ almost 18 years ago came just under 150 miles away in Stuttgart where they lost 2-1, so he’ll hope for better if he travels this time. Nevertheless, Man United have lost four of their last six UCL away matches and have an even record in Switzerland (W2, L2), therefore they’ll be taking nothing for granted.
- Players to watch: Early action incoming? The last four of Jordan Siebatcheu’s six competitive goals this term for Young Boys came before HT while Man United’s Paul Pogba netted a first-half brace here in 2018.
- Hot stat: Young Boys manager David Wagner won his first managerial H2H with Man United but lost each of the following three by a two-goal margin.