Sheriff Tiraspol – Shakhtar Donetsk Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sheriff Tiraspol 2-0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Date: 15.09.2021 | Match at: 17:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sheriff Tiraspol – Shakhtar Donetsk Match Preview
- No matter the result, Sheriff Tiraspol will make history in this game as they’ll become the first Moldovan team to feature in the European Cup/UEFA Champions League (UCL). They do have decent European pedigree though, going undefeated across their last nine matches in European competition (W6, D3) with six clean sheets secured. Therefore Shakhtar Donetsk shouldn’t necessarily expect an easy night.
- That point is reaffirmed by the fact Sheriff have been building momentum domestically and haven’t tasted a competitive defeat since the beginning of July (W10, D2). The last five games in that run also saw the Moldovan outfit shut out the opposition!
- Shakhtar boast much better UCL pedigree than their hosts and have suffered defeats in just two of their last ten matches in the competition (W5, D3). That’s an impressive record considering they avoided losses vs Real Madrid and Inter Milan during that time – two sides they’ll face in this season’s group stage too! They still only managed to finish third in Group B last season despite that decent record though, therefore getting early points on the board to try and go one better will be important here.
- The visitors are not only unbeaten across their first five competitive away matches so far this season (W4, D1), but they’ve also netted first in four of those matches too. That includes netting the only goal in their 1-0 UCL away qualifying win vs Monaco last month.
- Players to watch: Sheriff’s Momo Yansané has registered three goal contributions – two goals, one assist – across his last four competitive home matches. Shakhtar’s Manor Solomon is often a threat late on, as since the start of 2019/20 no player has scored more substitute UCL goals than him (three).
- Hot stat: Sheriff boss and Italian, Roberto De Zerbi, is making his competition debut. None of the last eight Italian managers to make their debut in this competition have lost their first game (W4, D4).