Bayer Leverkusen – Ferencvaros Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 Ferencvaros
Date: 16.09.2021 | Match at: 17:45 | League: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 1 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.64 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bayer Leverkusen – Ferencvaros Match Preview
- Bayer Leverkusen won the UEFA Europa League (UEL) in its previous guise as the UEFA Cup in 1987/88 and going by how they’ve started their Bundesliga campaign (W2, D1, L1), they could be a team to watch this season too. An average of 4.5 goals per league game suggests their Group G campaign could be full of action.
- After netting 14 goals in three home games during last season’s UEL group stage, they’ll hope for more of the same, as the BayArena is usually a tricky test for visiting teams. Notably, they were unbeaten in 11 UEL home fixtures (W8, D3) before BSC Young Boys beat them 2-0 in the knockouts last term and in their only previous home game with Hungarian opponents, they beat Honved 5-0 in 1994!
- Ironically, Leverkusen’s opponents Ferencváros came up short against Young Boys during UEFA Champions League qualification, dropping into this competition as a result. This is the first meeting between these sides, but manager Peter Stöger will be very familiar with Leverkusen having managed rivals Cologne between 2013 and 2017.
- During that time, he only once guided Cologne to victory at this venue (D1, L2) although his personal record reads better than his employer’s – the ‘Green Eagles’ have never won a UEFA competition game against a German club in Germany (D1, L5)! With them yet to draw anywhere since Stöger took over in July (W8, L4), they’ll be hoping that it’s seventh time lucky.
- Players to watch: Patrik Schick netted before HT in each of Leverkusen’s first two home league games this term while Ferencváros’ summer arrival Ryan Mmaee has scored twice in three appearances, on both occasions putting his side 2-1 ahead.
- Hot stat: There’s been a red card in each of Ferencváros’ last three competitive away games – two for, one against.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 Ferencvaros Predictions and Betting Tips 16.09.2021"