Sassuolo – Torino Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sassuolo 0-1 Torino
Date: 17.09.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 4 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sassuolo – Torino Match Preview
- Sassuolo and Torino have traversed similar paths over the last decade or so, spending three years together in Serie B from 2009-12 before being reunited as SA participants in 2013/14. It’s Sassuolo, however, who have enjoyed more of the recent success between themselves and the 1940s powerhouse of Italian football.
- The hosts are currently on track for a third consecutive eighth-place finish after an unusual beginning to their campaign (W1, D1, L1), including their first scoreless draw in any competition since December 2020 (31 matches) in their only start as pre-match favourites this SA season. Having won just four of ten 2020/21 home SA encounters with clubs to finish in the bottom half of the table, including a 3-3 draw with Torino, they cannot take their opponents’ recent struggles for granted here.
- Torino have shared the points in all but one of their last seven trips to Sassuolo (L1) and will therefore be confident of getting off the mark when it comes to their away record for 2021/22. A home thrashing of potential relegation rivals Salernitana last round helped them sharpen up with their first clean sheet of this SA season as well as their first four-goal haul in the league since November 2019.
- In stark contrast with their hosts, Torino’s three 2021/22 SA matches so far have all played out in a somewhat predictable manner. All three have seen the starting favourites open the scoring in the first 45 minutes, head into the HT break leading before securing victory.
- Players to watch: Filip Đuričić became Sassuolo’s first player to score in multiple 2021/22 SA fixtures, while Saša Lukić scored for Torino last week as well as away to Sassuolo last season.
- Hot stat: Sassuolo have had no more than two players booked in any of their last seven SA matches.