Hull – Sheffield Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Hull 1-3 Sheffield Utd
Date: 18.09.2021 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 8 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Hull – Sheffield Utd Match Preview
- Any hopes that promoted Hull City had after a resounding 4-1 win on the opening weekend have long since dissipated. Since that matchday, Hull have embarked on a rotten six-game run without a goal (D2, L4) and as such, the ‘Tigers’ have now equalled an undesirable all-time club record of six games without finding the net, previously set in 1920.
- In spite of their woeful showing so far, Hull remain outside of the drop-zone on goal difference, thanks in part to their backline which has kept two clean sheets from their last three games. Another lacklustre affair could follow here as well given that just four of Hull’s last 14 home games at this level saw both teams score (W1, D2, L11).
- It was disappointment in midweek for Sheffield United, who failed to follow up on their 6-2 win at the weekend as they conceded an equaliser deep into stoppage time. The pre-season promotion hopefuls are playing a dangerous game as their leaky defence have now conceded 2+ goals in four of their last five league games.
- Whilst the ‘Blades’ have scored eight times across their last two league games, they’ve in fact been blunt on their travels, and are yet to score an away league goal in three attempts (D2, L1). In fact, Sheffield United have scored just once across their last 675 minutes of competitive away play, combine that with the hosts’ toothless attack and we could be in for a dull Yorkshire derby here.
- Players to watch: Keane Lewis-Potter has contributed to three of Hull’s five competitive strikes this season, though they were all over a month ago (2G, 1A). As for the Blades, stalwart striker Billy Sharp hit a hat-trick of assists in their only league win of the season so far.
- Hot stat: Sheffield United have the best disciplinary record in the Championship so far (1.0 yellow per-match on average).