Nice – Monaco Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Nice 2-2 Monaco
Date: 19.09.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 6 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Nice – Monaco Match Preview
- With just 12 miles separating both cities, the shortest distance between two clubs in Ligue 1 (L1) this campaign, the rivalry between Nice and Monaco in this ’Derby de la Côte d’Azur’ could spark a fiery clash on the Mediterranean coast.
- Two strikes after the hour mark at Nantes in the last round saw Nice register their first three-game winning streak in a single top-flight season since November 2018, and their best four-game start in L1 (W3, D1) since 2016/17 – a season that saw Nice finish third!
- The hosts are now primed to extend their current unbeaten start, especially as Nice are the only side yet to concede in the top flight this campaign. They’re on the verge of making some history too, as ‘Les Aiglons’ could become the first team since PSG in 1996/97 to start a L1 campaign with five clean sheets – a feat they’ve never previously achieved.
- Unlike their hosts, visiting Monaco make this short trip low on confidence after winning just one of their opening five L1 matches (D1, L3). A lack of quality in the final third could be the reason that poor start continues, as Monaco have scored just three goals after five L1 rounds, their worst tally at this stage since 2005/06!
- Monaco’s unlikely saviour could be their away form, as only PSG (11) have claimed more L1 away wins than Monaco (ten) this calendar year. Boss Niko Kovač will be aware of that, and will hope his club’s current run of three competitive H2H wins vs Nice can be a confidence booster as they look to continue their impressive 2021 traveling form.
- Players to watch: Nice’s Kasper Dolberg has netted the match opener in his two L1 starts this season! He’ll vie for that honour again with Monaco’s top scorer Sofiane Diop, who has scored his two L1 strikes on the road.
- Hot streak: The last eight H2Hs have featured a 1-0 scoreline at HT either way.