Crystal Palace – Brighton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton
Date: 27.09.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 6 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet.
Crystal Palace – Brighton Match Preview
- Crystal Palace and Brighton close out the sixth round of the 2021/22 Premier League (PL), and it’s a vital opportunity for Patrick Vieira’s Palace to kickstart their rather underwhelming campaign so far (W1, D2, L2). Whilst it’s too early for Palace fans to panic – after all, they finished 11th in 2017/18 after starting with seven straight PL losses – Vieira will be under pressure after his worst five-game managerial start to a new league season at any club, and what better chance to redeem himself than in the 108th edition of the M23 derby.
- The test now will be to confirm that the 3-0 home demolition of Tottenham two rounds back was no fluke. Having taken points from the bulk of their PL fixtures as outsiders at home since the start of last season (W5, D5, L7), positive performances have been churned out at a fairly pleasing rate.
- They face an impressive Brighton side that sits in elite company, as the ‘Seagulls’ have secured four PL victories as favourites already this season alongside the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United. Brighton will also draw comfort from the fact the home side on the day has failed to win the last five H2Hs (D2, L3).
- Three of their five PL fixtures so far witnessed the winning club take a half-time lead and a first-half clean sheet, so if Brighton can condemn Palace to a ninth consecutive competitive fixture without a first-half goal, their finest ever start to a top-flight season could continue and fans will flock back down the motorway a happy bunch.
- Players to watch: Wilfried Zaha was Palace’s only goalscorer in the last H2H here, whilst Neal Maupay became Brighton’s first player to score in three league outings this season when he netted his first match opener of the PL season last round.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in all but one of the last seven H2Hs.