Shakhtar Donetsk – Inter Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Shakhtar Donetsk 0-0 Inter
Date: 28.09.2021 | Match at: 17:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 2 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.56 | Bookie: Unibet.
Shakhtar Donetsk – Inter Match Preview
- Shakhtar Donetsk play host on UEFA Champions League (UCL) matchday two hoping for a little more bite and a little less bark compared to their shock opening round 2-0 loss to newcomers Sheriff Tiraspol. Shakhtar mustered 21 shots in the opening game week, second only to Liverpool’s 23, and will be looking for a vast improvement here having not lost on matchday two for the last three seasons (W1, D2).
- The ‘Miners’ will have to dig deep though, after winning just one of their last nine home games in the competition (D4, L4). Manager Roberto De Zerbi will likely be nervous that his side have to go up against Italian champions Inter Milan for a second successive season, after winning only one of his seven personal H2Hs vs the Serie A giants (D2, L4).
- Inter’s sweet unbeaten start to their domestic season (W4, D2) was soured as they went down 1-0 to Real Madrid on UCL matchday one after conceding in the 89th minute. ‘I Nerazzurri’ had a similar opening game to their hosts here, as they totalled 18 shots against Real, the second-most of all UCL teams to not get on the scoresheet in the last round, behind only their hosts.
- In what is the sixth meeting in major European competition between these two, the Italians are yet to taste defeat against Shakhtar (W2, D3), although the pair of 0-0 draws in last season’s UCL shows they haven’t had it all their own way. However after only conceding once in those five H2Hs, Inter will believe they’re in charge of their destiny here.
- Players to watch: Lassina Traoré has six domestic goals for Shakhtar this season, double that of any other player, while Inter’s goalscorer at the weekend, Edin Džeko, has a goal and an assist in his two previous appearances against the Ukranians.
- Hot stat: Inter have conceded before half-time in six of their last seven competitive away fixtures.