Zenit – Malmo FF Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Zenit 4-0 Malmo FF
Date: 29.09.2021 | Match at: 17:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 2 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.58 | Bookie: Unibet.
Zenit – Malmo FF Match Preview
- There’s a bit of history being made in this encounter as no Russian and Swedish side have met in a major European competition (excluding qualifiers) since October 2007. Zenit Saint Petersburg will be hoping it’ll be a positive new chapter for them given their current torrid run of UEFA Champions League (UCL) form, losing seven of their last eight group stage matches (D1).
- There are signs that the hosts will be a tougher nut to crack this year given that they suffered only a slender 1-0 defeat on matchday one against European champions Chelsea. That result came sandwiched in between a standout domestic run in which they’ve not tasted defeat since March (W15, D4), therefore there should be optimism in the Russian air.
- Especially given Malmö’s rather pitiful UCL record in the tournament proper, which has seen them lose their last four matches in the competition by an aggregate scoreline of 20-0 – no other side has ever conceded that many goals in four UCL games! It’s hard to see an end to that trend in this one considering the visitors have won just one of their 23 away European Cup/UCL matches (D6, L16).
- Given the context of the above, a 3-0 defeat to Juventus on matchday one looks fairly respectable. Yet no UCL side faced more shots on target across the first round of matches (eight) suggesting things could have been much worse.
- Players to watch: Zenit striker Artem Dzyuba can make his own bit of history here, as one goal will see him become the first Russian player to reach double figures for UCL goals scored (excluding qualifiers). Antonio Čolak might be the man to lead any shock success for Malmö based on his four goal contributions across his last three club appearances (G2, A2).
- Hot stat: Of all sides to play at least ten UCL matches, Malmö have lost the highest percentage of their games (85%).