Fenerbahce – Olympiacos Piraeus Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Fenerbahce 0-3 Olympiacos Piraeus
Date: 30.09.2021 | Match at: 17:45 | League: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 2 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Fenerbahce – Olympiacos Piraeus Match Preview
- Fenerbahçe had a respectable start to their first UEFA Europa League (UEL) group campaign in three years, defying underdog status to draw 1-1 at Frankfurt on Group D matchday one. While the loss of a tenth-minute 1-0 lead would have been disappointing, it seems unlikely Fenerbahçe will make the same mistake here after claiming clean sheets in their last five UEL home games (W4, D1 – includes qualifiers).
- Further to that, five of Fenerbahçe’s last six UEL clean sheets at home have also seen a 0-0 half-time scoreline. However, this is not without a pitfall, as November 2006 remains the last time they won both halves of a group stage home game in Europe’s secondary club competition.
- Though they will receive much vitriol here in Istanbul, Olympiacos will be full of confidence after their 87th-minute winner against Antwerp in the opening group stage matchday, which began their current four-game winning run in all competitions. On another positive note for them, Olympiacos have also won on two of their last three trips to Turkey in all competitions, and another here will put them in a strong early position to progress.
- The ‘Red-Whites’ are not gung-ho travellers abroad, with all of their last seven UEL away fixtures (Including qualifiers) producing a margin of less than two goals (W2, D1, L4). Three of those four defeats saw them lose the first half 1-0, but all three games won/drawn witnessed the teams level at half-time.
- Players to watch: Mesut Özil gave Fenerbahçe their early lead at Frankfurt a fortnight ago, meaning that all three of his prior UEL goals in the competition proper have been his team’s last on the day. Likewise, Youssef El-Arabi scored first in Olympiacos’ group stage opener, and he could be an aerial threat as three of his last four goals have come via his head.
- Hot stat: Six of Olympiacos’ last seven matches against Turkish clubs have produced under 1.5 first-half goals.