Rennes – Paris SG Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rennes 2-0 Paris SG
Date: 03.10.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 9 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.56 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rennes – Paris SG Match Preview
- Sitting in the bottom half of Ligue 1, Rennes have underachieved so far despite a summer spend of over €80million. A return of four league points from the last six represents a mini-revival, but the ‘Rouge et Noir’ look unlikely to continue their recent unbeaten form, as they failed to win any of the three home league games entered as outsiders last season – like they are here (D2, L1) against a star-studded PSG side.
- With Rennes losing both of their last two top-flight games played immediately after a European fixture by a 2-0 scoreline, this clash could not have come at a worse time for them. Any similar damage done here may come late, with Rennes conceding beyond the 70th minute in three of their last five competitive games.
- After breezing past Montpellier last weekend with a 2-0 victory, PSG (W8) remain on course to match their perfect 14-game start of 2018/19. Tantalisingly for Parisian fans, the eventual 16-point margin by which they won that 2018/19 campaign ranks as the club’s second-biggest, behind that of 2015/16 (31 points).
- With comparisons to 2018/19 persisting, some historians will highlight PSG’s ninth Ligue 1 outing of that memorable season marked the first of two successive league wins by a 5-0 scoreline. While a repeat here may be unlikely, PSG have impressively seen two-thirds (eight) of their 12 league away wins this calendar year come by a 2+ goal margin.
- Players to watch: A scorer against Vitesse in midweek, Rennes’ Serhou Guirassy equalised in last season’s corresponding H2H (D 1-1), making three of his last five second-half league goals as equalisers. In opposition, Julian Draxler netted PSG’s killer second goal against Montpellier last weekend, and could net in successive rounds for the first time since October 2018.
- Hot stat: Four of Rennes’ last five home league clashes against any newly-deposed champion have produced over 2.5 goals and seen both teams score.