Chile – Venezuela Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Chile 3-0 Venezuela
Date: 15.10.2021 | Match at: 01:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification – Round 12 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Chile – Venezuela Match Preview
- With just seven games remaining in this World Cup Qualification (WCQ) cycle, Martín Lasarte’s Chile are going to have to seriously up their form if they are to avoid missing out on consecutive WC finals, last achieving that dreaded feat back in 2002 and 2006. They did, however, make a start on that last time out with a dominant 2-0 win over Paraguay, ending a seven-game competitive winless run in the process (D2, L5).
- It took 26 points to qualify for the last WC from the CONMEBOL section, so Chile can only realistically afford one more WCQ defeat if they use that figure as a benchmark. This is one of their easier remaining fixtures though – on paper at least – against the third-lowest ranked CONMEBOL nation, Venezuela. Chile’s home form also provides reasons to be positive as they’ve now picked up 75% of their last 36 WCQ points on home soil.
- Venezuela also picked up just their second win of this WCQ cycle last time out (2-1 vs Ecuador) in a hard-fought comeback success after conceding early on. That victory ended a ten-game winless run (D3, L7) which began following their first WCQ win of this campaign, a 2-1 H2H success over Chile no less.
- Any hopes of a first WC finals appearance appear dead in the water though, unless the unthinkable happens and the visitors win their remaining seven fixtures, although they’ve not managed consecutive competitive wins since June 2016! Moreover, Venezuela also hold a horrific H2H record against Chile in their 29 matchups to date (W3, D5, L21).
- Players to watch: Blackburn and Chile star Ben Brereton Díaz continued his fine form for club & country last time out; he now has eight goals in his last seven appearances. As for Venezuela, Darwin Machís scored his first goal of the season last time out, which was also his first competitive international goal since June 2019.
- Hot stat: Eleven of Chile’s last 12 games produced two or fewer goals in total.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Chile 3-0 Venezuela Predictions and Betting Tips 15.10.2021"