Swansea – Cardiff Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Swansea 3-0 Cardiff
Date: 17.10.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 12 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Swansea – Cardiff Match Preview
- South Wales rivals Swansea City and Cardiff City meet for the 71st time across all English competitions with a lot to prove, after indifferent league campaigns so far despite their respective promotion hopes. The Championship H2H record is perfectly split at 14 wins apiece with ten draws, meaning a hard-fought derby could prevail here.
- Whilst new Swansea boss Russell Martin has made his side tough to beat in the league lately, they are struggling to turn draws into wins (W1, D3, L1). If they are to succeed here, they may have to strike first, as the side scoring the opener has lost just one league game involving Swansea this season, while all of their league wins have come ‘to nil’.
- Losing at both half-time and full-time in five of their last seven league games, Cardiff currently lament the worst run of straight league defeats amongst all 72 EFL clubs (L5). ‘Sack Race’ frontrunner Mick McCarthy is feeling the pinch more than anyone, after overseeing a run of just one goal scored across Cardiff’s last 467 minutes of play.
- One positive for McCarthy is his personal record against Swansea (W2, D1, L1). The ‘Bluebirds’ have also found the net in seven of their last eight away games, whilst over half of their scored league goals this season have come away from home.
- Players to watch: Swansea’s Joël Piroe has had a hand in six of their nine league goals so far this season (5G, 1A). Similarly indisposable, towering 1.97m defender Aden Flint has contributed to five of Cardiff’s league goals (4G, 1A) – unsurprisingly, all of his goals have come via headers!
- Hot streak: Each of the last eight H2Hs have seen at least one side fail to score.