Venezia – Fiorentina Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Venezia 1-0 Fiorentina
Date: 18.10.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 8 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Venezia – Fiorentina Match Preview
- A last-gasp equaliser in Cagliari saw Venezia register their first unbeaten run of the new Serie A (SA) season (D2). After picking up a steady return of five points across the last five matches, Venezia remain hopeful of avoiding an instant return to Serie B, though no team has scored less than Venezia’s five league goals so far.
- With goals lacking, home fans hoping for a first top-flight victory at the modernised Pier Luigi Penzo Stadium will know they might need to wait for any goalscoring joy. That’s also because Venezia have only scored after the break in their last five home league matches (including last season’s playoffs).
- Fiorentina lost to Napoli last time out which resulted in some ugly scenes in the stands towards the Napoli players after the full-time whistle was blown. Despite this unwelcome publicity, Fiorentina still ended last matchday as one of the top-five sides, thanks to their best start to a new SA campaign in three years (W4, L3).
- While ‘La Viola’ still have much to do if they are to finish in the top five for the first time since 2015/16, their first-ever return of three wins from the opening four away matches of a SA campaign is a massive plus. They’ve been quick starters too, opening the scoring in all three victories, while netting before the break in a majority (seven) of their last 11 away league outings.
- Players to watch: Gianluca Busio netted his maiden SA goal for Venezia last time out, and four of his last five competitive strikes have arrived after the break. For the opposition, Dušan Vlahović has already recorded 21 top-flight goals in 2021 – the most amongst all players. He’s also scored three times across Fiorentina’s last three away league outings.
- Hot stat: Fiorentina are the only SA side yet to score or concede a goal inside the opening 15 minutes of play.