Club Brugge KV – Manchester City Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Club Brugge KV 1-5 Manchester City
Date: 19.10.2021 | Match at: 17:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 3 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Club Brugge KV – Manchester City Match Preview
- It’s been a fantastic start to the 2021/22 season for current Belgian champions Club Brugge as the hosts sit both joint-top of their domestic league after 11 matches and joint-top of UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group A ahead of this matchday. Philippe Clement’s side followed up a 1-1 draw against French giants PSG in their UCL opener with a 2-1 come-from-behind victory against Leipzig, which should give them hope as Manchester City come to town.
- What will be of concern, however, is Brugge’s recent awful European record vs English sides, going winless in 12 such matches since 1995 (D3, L9). However, the hosts have now gone four UCL group stage matches without suffering defeat (W2, D2) – their best-ever points return over a four-game UCL stint – which will fill them with belief as they look to get something from this match against visiting Pep Guardiola’s star-studded outfit.
- Winning five of their six previous matches in European football vs Belgian opposition (L1), Manchester City warmed up for this first-ever meeting with Brugge with a routine 2-0 Premier League victory over Burnley at the weekend. They’ll now look to bounce back from defeat against PSG in their last UCL match as City aim to qualify for the UCL knockout stages for a ninth straight season.
- Guardiola will also be looking to avoid repeating personal history as he’s only ever lost consecutive UCL away matches once before, and that was as Bayern boss back in 2014/15. The fact City have kept just one clean sheet across their last seven UCL matches will be a cause for concern, however.
- Players to watch: Brugge midfielder Hans Vanaken has netted in his last four UCL appearances, the most consecutive goalscoring outings by a Belgian player in UCL history. City’s Riyad Mahrez has scored three career UCL goals vs Brugge, his joint-most against any opposition in the competition.
- Hot stat: Only one of City’s last 55 UCL matches finished 0-0.