Salzburg – Wolfsburg Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Salzburg 3-1 Wolfsburg
Date: 20.10.2021 | Match at: 17:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 3 | Tip: 1X | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Salzburg – Wolfsburg Match Preview
- After sharing the pitch just once during their playing careers, Salzburg manager Matthias Jaissle and Wolfsburg boss Mark van Bommel will meet here for the first time in the dugout. Jaissle’s Hoffenheim came out on the wrong end of a 2-1 loss that day but he is more than used to that winning feeling in charge of Salzburg, dropping just four of a possible 39 points between UEFA Champions League (UCL) and Austrian Bundesliga action since taking the reins (W11, D2).
- Austrian champions for eight seasons running, Salzburg can make history should they defeat the German outfit here as it would signify their first ever back-to-back wins in the UCL proper. What should be a cause for concern, however, is that each of the three games following a Salzburg victory in UCL action this century have witnessed the Austrians concede 2+ goals and lose the game.
- Three consecutive defeats by a two-goal margin in the Bundesliga have seen Wolfsburg drop out of the top four, with defeat to a Union Berlin side competing in the UEFA Europa Conference League this season, rubbing further salt in the wounds last time out (0-2). ‘Die Wölfe’ made the quarter-finals in their last UCL appearance (2015/16), but will need to turn draws into victories to repeat that feat this season (D2).
- Winning on the road is easier said than done for Wolfsburg, who have often shown more bark than bite when travelling away for UCL group stage matches (W2, D1, L4). Their only prior trip to Austria for a European game did end in a 3-1 victory over Sturm Graz however, which could prove a lucky omen for the visitors.
- Players to watch: Former Bayern Munich academy player Karim Adeyemi scored in both halves in Salzburg’s last UCL game. Keep an eye out for Renato Steffen, who may pop up for Wolfsburg in the absence of key man Wout Weghorst, as he scored in his last UCL appearance.
- Hot stat: Salzburg are unbeaten in six of their eight home games against German opponents (W3, D3, L2).