St Etienne – Paris SG Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
St Etienne 1-3 Paris SG
Date: 28.11.2021 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 15 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
St Etienne – Paris SG Match Preview
- After opening their Ligue 1 campaign with 12 winless games, St Étienne have won their last two league matches, and are doing everything they can to lift themselves away from the heavily congested bottom quarter of the table. Highlighting how tight it is, another win could see them finish the round as high as 14th although a defeat could see them drop to the bottom.
- However, despite that much-needed improvement in form, they’ll start as outsiders here for good reason as they’ve won just one of their last eight home league matches (D4, L3) and haven’t beaten Paris Saint-Germain in a home league H2H since September 2008 (D6, L6).
- The build-up to PSG’s midweek 2-1 UEFA Champions League (UCL) defeat to Manchester City was clouded by speculation about manager Mauricio Pochettino being a potential target for Manchester United. With the side from the French capital side 11 points clear atop Ligue 1 after matchday 14 and into the UCL last 16, the Argentine’s stock remains high, hence why interest from elsewhere is unsurprising.
- Seemingly on course for the tenth French title that would draw them level with their hosts’ record tally, PSG have lost just one of their last 15 league away games (W12, D2) and will travel with confidence courtesy of their outstanding record here. They might not have it all their own way though as each of their last three competitive away games witnessed both teams scoring (W1, D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Wahbi Khazri has scored 44% (seven) of St Étienne’s league goals this term, all of which were his side’s opening goal of the game. For PSG, Kylian Mbappé has netted five goals across his last four league outings against St Étienne, four times after the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: St Étienne have failed to score in both halves in each of their last 12 league games.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: St Etienne 1-3 Paris SG Predictions and Betting Tips 28.11.2021"