Lazio – Genoa Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lazio 3-1 Genoa
Date: 17.12.2021 | Match at: 18:30 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 18 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lazio – Genoa Match Preview
- After losing to Sassuolo (1-2) last time out, Lazio have now suffered three defeats in their last five Serie A (SA) matches to fall to ninth ahead of kick-off. That’s their joint-lowest league position since Matchday 15 of last season, when they curiously faced Genoa and drew 1-1. Consequently, their chances of a third straight top-six finish now look endangered.
- Despite Lazio’s last two home league games seeing them fail to win (D1, L1), they have gained 17 of their 25 SA points tally at home this season, and are favourites to avoid a first run of three home league matches without a win in over a year. They have also won six of the last seven competitive H2Hs here, netting exactly four times in the last four victories.
- Andryi Shevchenko remains winless after five league games in charge of Genoa (D1, L4). There is hope for the Ukrainian though, as the last SA outing saw the scorers of two-thirds of Genoa’s SA goals (Mattia Destro and Domenico Criscitto) return from injuries. Perhaps unsurprisingly then, the ’Rossoblù’ found the net for the first time under their new coach in that game.
- The visitors continue to search for their first league victory since September, and have won just once on the road this term (D4, L4). Much of their poor road form is down to them conceding first on seven occasions (W1, D2, L4) and only securing one first-half lead.
- Players to watch: Ciro Immobile has scored five goals across Lazio’s last four competitive home wins over Genoa, whose top scorer in the league, Destro (seven goals), found the net in his previous league outing after missing five matches due to injury.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last 20 SA H2Hs has seen both teams score before half-time.