Southampton – Tottenham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Southampton 1-1 Tottenham
Date: 28.12.2021 | Match at: 16:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 20 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Southampton – Tottenham Match Preview
- Southampton claimed a stunning 3-2 Boxing Day victory on the road against West Ham, helping them move clear of the Premier League (PL) relegation picture. Here, the ‘Saints’ will be further boosted by a return to St Mary’s Stadium where they’ve lost just once in this PL season (W2, D5) and are currently unbeaten in five straight PL matches (W2, D3) – their longest such run since between March and October 2016!
- What will be of concern though for the hosts is their poor previous H2H record against Tottenham, a side they’ve lost to more than any other outfit since their PL return in 2012 (L13). That includes a sizable 5-2 loss in this fixture last campaign, a result that ended Southampton’s four-game unbeaten run in home H2Hs (W2, D2).
- New Spurs boss Antonio Conte is enjoying his start to life in North London, remaining unbeaten across his first six PL outings in charge of the visitors (W4, D2). In fact, if he manages to avoid defeat again here, the Italian will become the first manager in club history to start his tenure by going seven league matches unbeaten.
- Their first PL away match in 51 days does come with its challenges though. That’s mainly because Spurs’ league form on the road this season has been poor (W2, D1, L3) and they could potentially go three PL away matches without scoring for the first time since March 2014!
- Players to watch: Southampton captain James Ward-Prowse netted his fourth goal of the season last time out, his last 12 club goals have now all come directly from set pieces! Harry Kane has notched 18 goal contributions (G10, A8) in 16 previous H2Hs, including a remarkable five in this fixture last campaign (G1, A4).
- Hot streak: Southampton haven’t won their final league fixture of a calendar year for the past ten seasons (D5, L5).