Blackburn – Barnsley Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Blackburn 2-1 Barnsley
Date: 29.12.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 25 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Blackburn – Barnsley Match Preview
- Blackburn will be well rested after their Boxing Day clash with Hull fell foul of COVID-19, and here they go in search of a remarkable sixth consecutive Championship win ‘to nil’. Rovers are within touching distance of the Championship’s top two, although their resolve is set to be tested by a Barnsley side they’ve defeated just twice across the last eight H2H clashes (D2, L4).
- It’s been 506 minutes since Blackburn last conceded and on home soil they’ve been deadly at the other end too, with their 28 home goals a Championship-high ahead of the round. It’s clear to see where the hosts like scoring those home goals too, with nine coming between minutes 31-45, which have helped Tony Mowbray’s side in recording the league’s best home record (W8, D2, L2).
- Twenty-eight points separate these two sides at the start of play, with Barnsley fighting on a much different front to that of their hosts as they’re embroiled in a fight to keep their heads above water. Yet amid a run of one win in their last 21 Championship outings (D7, L13), the ‘Tykes’ will need to improve soon if they want to extend their three-season stay in the Championship.
- Barnsley have lost on their last two visits to Ewood Park and are now without a league win on the road in 12 attempts (excluding play-offs – D4, L8), their longest run since a 15-game drought back in 2013. There’s a glimmer of hope though for the visitors as they’ve scored on their last six trips to Blackburn, but their 15 Championship goals this season remains a league-low.
- Players to watch: Blackburn’s Tyrhys Dolan loves playing at Ewood Park, with his four goals this season all coming on home soil – two of which opened the scoring. Victor Adeboyejo is one of just three Barnsley players to have scored a goal in their last 810 minutes of Championship away action.
- Hot stat: Only two sides have collected more Championship yellow cards than Blackburn’s 51 this season.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Blackburn 2-1 Barnsley Predictions and Betting Tips 29.12.2021"