Sampdoria – Cagliari Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sampdoria 1-2 Cagliari
Date: 06.01.2022 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 20 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sampdoria – Cagliari Match Preview
- The winter break arguably came at an inopportune time for mid-table Sampdoria, who were unbeaten in six of their last eight games before it, despite keeping just one clean sheet during that period (W4, D2, L2). In fact, that clean sheet against crisis club Salernitana was their only shutout across the last 16 games, highlighting a real need to improve their backline.
- Although Sampdoria head into this on the back of consecutive 1-1 draws, they haven’t registered three straight Serie A (SA) stalemates since 2014, hinting at a win either way. Sampdoria manager Roberto D’Aversa’s return of just one draw across his seven prior personal H2Hs with Cagliari (W1, D1, L5) further reinforces such feelings, albeit for the worse.
- Contrary to Sampdoria, the break came at a great time for Cagliari, who sit in the relegation zone after going winless in 11 top-flight fixtures ahead of kick-off and failing to secure a victory as betting outsiders (D4, L9) this SA season. They’ve alarmingly trailed ‘to nil’ at both half-time and full-time in their last three league games, undeniably damaging their hopes of avoiding the drop.
- Additionally, the ‘Islanders’ have failed to score in six of their last seven SA away games, while also conceding at least twice in eight of their previous nine league trips, which is surely a recipe for disaster. Compounding matters for Cagliari is a woeful winless return across their last 13 SA trips to the Liguria region (D3, L10).
- Players to watch: Sampdoria top-scorer Antonio Candreva (six SA goals), has also contributed to five goals in 20 personal H2Hs with Cagliari (G2, A3). Meanwhile, João Pedro is the only player to score over half of his side’s SA strikes overall, netting nine of Cagliari’s paltry 17-goal haul this term (53%).
- Hot stat: Sampdoria have won the second period 1-0 in three of their last six SA home H2Hs vs Cagliari.