Cape Verde – Burkina Faso Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cape Verde 0-1 Burkina Faso
Date: 13.01.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Round 2| Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.62 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cape Verde – Burkina Faso Match Preview
- All the significant action (one goal, two yellow cards, one red card) took place in the first-half of Cape Verde’s 1-0 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) opener against Ethiopia, a result which likely puts them one good performance away from reaching the knockout stages. They’ll look to start well again in this clash as a result, particularly as they haven’t scored after half-time in five of their last eight internationals (W4, D2, L2).
- History also suggests a fast start will be very beneficial in this clash at Stade Omnisport Olembé as the last four H2Hs saw the side who netted first, eventually win ‘to-nil’ (Cape Verde: W2, L2). Although these two sides haven’t met since November 2017, Burkina Faso’s 4-0 win on that occasion remains Cape Verde’s equal heaviest international defeat so the ‘Blue Sharks’ definitely won’t be taking the 2013 AFCON runners-up lightly in this clash.
- That 4-0 win came soon after Burkina Faso had finished third in the 2017 AFCON finals and they must try to draw inspiration from those performances as their opening-day 2-1 loss to Cameroon has already put them on the backfoot at this tournament. They fought hard against the hosts, but they’ll require a more disciplined performance here after letting themselves down by conceding two first-half penalties.
- Encouragingly though, that was their first loss on foreign soil since June 2021 (W4, D4 prior) so the ‘Stallions’ are no strangers to galloping away with results away from home. That was also their fifth AFCON game in six in which they scored the opener (W3, D2, L1 – outcomes at 90 minutes) so they could well charge out of the stalls once more.
- Players to watch: Cape Verde’s Júlio Tavares was a livewire throughout against Ethiopia and he now has four goal contributions across his last four appearances for club and country (G2, A2). Meanwhile, Gustavo Sangaré has netted in both of Burkina Faso’s last two internationals.
- Hot stat: Burkina Faso have conceded just one second-half goal across their last nine internationals.