Cardiff – Blackburn Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cardiff 0-1 Blackburn
Date: 15.01.2022 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 27 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cardiff – Blackburn Match Preview
- An extra-time goal helped Cardiff City progress in the FA Cup, but their focus now shifts to them improving on their Championship fortunes. Starting this round four points above the bottom three, they managed to hold playoff hopefuls West Brom to a 1-1 draw in their first Championship match of 2022, in turn stopping a sequence of four league losses to begin a calendar year.
- The ‘Bluebirds’ are far from taking flight at home though, with a return of eight losses across their last nine Championship home matches. Painfully for them, Cardiff have also earned the fewest home points of any side this campaign (seven).
- Blackburn Rovers moved temporarily into the automatic promotion places for the first time this season following their goalless draw with Huddersfield. Their league surge has been led from the back, with Blackburn conceding just three goals across nine Championship matches (W7, D2) since a 7-0 home defeat to Fulham in November.
- That run also coincides with the visitors’ best away sequence of the Championship campaign (W3, D1), as they look to complete a first league double over Cardiff since 1984/85 after a 5-1 win in the reverse fixture. On a positive note, they’ve scored in each of their last three trips to the Welsh capital, though the Rovers’ most recent clean sheet in an away H2H dates back to December 1983!
- Players to watch: Joe Ralls has been Cardiff’s best creative outlet lately, assisting four of their last five Championship goals. Although all eyes will be on Ben Brereton Díaz, who scored a hat-trick in the reverse fixture, Blackburn fans will hope Reda Khadra can add to his current tally of three league goals, each of which came during a win.
- Hot stat: Cardiff have failed to score before half-time in a league-high 21 Championship matches.