Rennes – Bordeaux Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rennes 6-0 Bordeaux
Date: 16.01.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 21 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.55 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rennes – Bordeaux Match Preview
- Pushing for a UEFA Champions League finish this time around, Rennes’ focus will be on snapping their current downward spiral which has now seen them lose four of their last five Ligue 1 outings (W1). Whilst the ‘Red and Blacks’ recent home record against Bordeaux (W3, D4, L1) may instill some much-needed confidence into the ranks, Rennes will be all too aware of the threat the visitors pose, having slumped to defeat in this fixture last season.
- They are undoubtedly strong performers in the second half on home soil as ahead of the round only Lens boast a better second half home record than Rennes (second half only: W6, D3, L1). That record has been paramount to Rennes’ success this season, considering that they’ve failed to score a first-half goal in 50% of their Ligue 1 home games, so don’t expect them to fly out of the traps in this clash.
- Rennes’ goal-scoring plight will be music to the ears of Bordeaux – the only club yet to keep a Ligue 1 clean sheet this season – as they continue to slide dangerously close to the drop-zone. Fortunately for the visitors, they haven’t failed to score in back-to-back Ligue 1 games all season which could prove a good omen after losing 1-0 to Marseille last time out.
- Bordeaux may be glad to see this game fall away from home too, having collected 59% of their Ligue 1 points on the road this season. Expect entertainment as well, as ‘Les Girondins’ league away games have averaged 4.22 goals this campaign – the highest such tally in the French top flight.
- Players to watch: Benjamin Bourigeaud is Rennes’ only Ligue 1 goalscorer across their last 242 minutes of home league action. Meanwhile, Bordeaux’s Hwang Ui-Jo is a happy traveller, seeing five of his six Ligue 1 goals this term come on the road.
- Hot stat: Bordeaux have conceded a first-half goal in seven of their nine Ligue 1 away games this season.