Lille – Lorient Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lille 3-1 Lorient
Date: 19.01.2022 | Match at: 19:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.55 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lille – Lorient Match Preview
- Whilst retaining their Ligue 1 title now looks unlikely, securing UEFA Champions League qualification for a third time in the last four seasons is becoming an ever-fading possibility for Lille too. The difficulty of that challenge has been enhanced by their leaky defence which has already conceded 27 league goals – four more than throughout the entirety of last season!
- Perhaps the visit of Lorient could be the perfect antidote for Lille’s defensive woes given that they’ve conceded just one goal across the last six Ligue 1 home H2Hs (W5, L1). With Lille unbeaten in their previous eight Ligue 1 home outings (W4, D4), that H2H dominance looks set to continue, especially if ‘Les Dogues’ can strike first as they’ve not lost a Ligue 1 home game in which they’ve opened the scoring since February 2020.
- Lorient are at the opposite end of the Ligue 1 spectrum, languishing in the relegation zone and winless in the league since September (D5, L8). It’s the first time in history Lorient have ever gone 13 Ligue 1 games without victory, and perhaps a portion of the blame for that dismal run can be assigned to the fact they are winless when conceding first in Ligue 1 this season (D3, L6).
- They’re not only bidding to avoid extending that unwanted piece of history, but Lorient will also be aiming to try and secure their first league away victory of the season (D4, L6). That torrid away form comes despite notching the opener four times (D2, L2) – three of which came inside the opening 30 minutes.
- Players to watch: Lille’s Burak Yılmaz seemingly isn’t one for home comforts with 13 of his last 16 Lille goals arriving on the road – but that includes a first-half strike in the reverse fixture. Similarly, Armand Laurienté has seen 75% of his Ligue 1 goals this term come on the road, all of which have served as Lorient’s opening goal.
- Hot stat: Referee Florent Batta has averaged 4.1 yellow cards per game in Ligue 1 this season.