Sierra Leone – Equatorial Guinea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sierra Leone 0-1 Equatorial Guinea
Date: 20.01.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Round 3 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.64 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sierra Leone – Equatorial Guinea Match Preview
- It’s set to be an exciting final round of action in Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) Group E as any of the group’s four sides could still finish top. This game is a straight shootout for qualification between Sierra Leone and Equatorial Guinea, two sides who have already taken positive results from the reigning AFCON champions Alegeria to set up this enthralling final game.
- Even with two creditable draws against two of the pre-tournament favourites, it’s still just one win in the last 15 internationals for Sierra Leone (D7, L7), albeit that solitary victory came in AFCON qualifying and secured their place here. The ‘Leone Stars’ can take encouragement from their rock solid competitive H2H form though (W4, D1, L1), handing them hope that they can qualify from an AFCON group for the very first time.
- Equatorial Guinea could be primed to make it three qualifications from three AFCON group stage appearances, which is made all the more impressive by the fact that this is their first AFCON appearance in a foreign country. The Ecuatoguineans shocked the reigning champions last time out to extend their solid run of form to six unbeaten games from seven (W4, D2).
- That amazing form will surely inspire confidence amongst the ‘National Thunder’ despite their poor H2H form. Luckily for Juan Micha’s men, they will qualify even with a draw here, since H2H records are the first tie-breaker and even if they draw and Algeria win, they will retain their top-two place while Sierra Leone would move into fourth.
- Players to watch: Sierra Leone’s Alhaji Kamara is rarely far away from the action. He scored the equaliser last time out and was booked in three of his last four appearances for club and country. For Equatorial Guinea, 23-year-old full-back Esteban Obiang sealed one of the biggest shocks in AFCON history with his first international strike last time out as it ended Algeria’s controversial 35-game unbeaten run.
- Hot stat: Five of Equatorial Guinea’s last eight internationals saw a different full-time result than that of half-time.