Verona – Bologna Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Verona 2-1 Bologna
Date: 21.01.2022 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 23 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Verona – Bologna Match Preview
- Hellas Verona made up for a surprising home loss to basement side Salernitana by beating Sassuolo 4-2 in their last Serie A (SA) match. Coach Igor Tudor claimed his side ‘should’ve scored seven or eight goals’ in that win, but he must be happy with Verona’s attacking output so far as their 41 goals is the highest number they’ve ever recorded at this stage of a SA campaign.
- That’s taken them to just five points off the top six, but there’s still work to be done at home as Verona are winless in their last five competitive home games (D2, L3) despite facing bottom-half opponents on three occasions. Yet, a good start is still possible as Verona have scored a league-high five goals in the opening 15 minutes of their SA home matches, whilst conceding none during the same period.
- Bologna were closing in on the top six at the start of December, but have now lost five of their last six SA outings (W1) and sit three points behind Verona, despite having a game in hand. Their previous two games (L2) have been affected by a long list of absentees, so there’s no need to hit the panic button just yet.
- They also remain a healthy 11 points above the drop zone, and could pull further away from danger thanks to good away form that’s seen them win three of their last five SA away matches (L2). Bologna also last suffered a defeat at Verona back in 2005 (W3, D3 since), and have avoided defeat in three of their six away league matches entered as betting outsiders this term (W1, D2, L3), so won’t be travelling to just make up the numbers.
- Players to watch: Against Sassuolo, Antonín Barák became the first Verona midfielder in history to score a SA hat-trick. Four of his last five club strikes have now arrived after half-time. Bologna’s Riccardo Orsolini has found the net in his last three appearances, netting twice after half-time.
- Hot stat: Eight of the last ten top-flight H2Hs have produced two or fewer goals.