Bristol City – Cardiff Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bristol City 3-2 Cardiff
Date: 22.01.2022 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 28 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bristol City – Cardiff Match Preview
- Bristol City boss Nigel Pearson said his team were ‘bullied’ by Fulham following their heavy 6-2 loss to the Championship leaders. That defeat made it just one victory in five league matches for the ‘Robins’ (D1, L3) who’ll be starting to feel increasingly nervous after their cushion to the relegation zone was reduced to just eight points. That heavy loss also means that only two Championship sides have conceded more goals so far this campaign (45)!
- That leaking defence has conceded 2+ goals in each of Bristol City’s last three home league matches (W1, L2), a streak that hasn’t happened since April of last year. That lacklustre defensive line is also undoing some good work at the other end of the pitch, as Pearson’s side have scored in eight straight home league matches, the last six of which saw them notch the game’s opening goal (W3, D1, L2).
- Cardiff City are one of the teams looking to try and catch their opponents, yet with no win in five league matches (D2, L3), it seems increasingly likely that they’re going to be in a relegation dogfight for the remainder of this campaign. Slow stars have been a big factor behind their struggles as no Championship side has scored fewer first half goals so far (3).
- Unsurprisingly, no team has a worse record at the half-time break either this season (W3, D6, L16), although the ‘Bluebirds’ might take confidence from the fact that they led at the break in their last visit to Ashton Gate, resulting in one of four wins from their last five Championship visits to Bristol City (L1).
- Players to watch: Bristol City’s Andreas Weimann has scored five goals in his last two home league matches – each arriving inside the opening or closing 20 minutes of the match. Mark Harris is growing in prominence for Cardiff after bagging two goals and one assist across his last six appearances.
- Hot stat: There’s been six red cards shown across Cardiff’s last six competitive matches.