Metz – Nice Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Metz 0-2 Nice
Date: 23.01.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 22 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
Metz – Nice Match Preview
- A 1-0 win last time around lifted Metz out of the bottom three, and now the ‘Grenats’ will look to secure back-to-back league wins for the first time this campaign. Inspiration can be taken from a 1-0 win in the reverse fixture, which also gives Metz an opportunity to record three consecutive Ligue 1 wins over top-five Nice for the first time since 1996.
- Coach Fréderic Antonetti has an uphill task though, as the hosts have lost five of their last eight home league games (W1, D2, L5). Notably, three of those losses came against current top-five sides, with Metz conceding 2+ goals each time.
- Nice start this round in second place after four straight league wins, fuelling dreams of a foray into Europe’s top continental competition for the first time since 1960. Christophe Galtier’s men now seek a fifth consecutive Ligue 1 win for the first time since September-October 2016 and are likely to bank on defensive strengths, as only three Ligue 1 clubs have scored multiple goals against them this campaign.
- The ‘Eaglets’ are also unbeaten across five Ligue 1 away matches (W4, D1), with all four wins witnessing exactly three goals. The last victory even saw them become the first Ligue 1 side since December 2018 to win after receiving a red card inside the opening 20 minutes, underlining their ability to overcome adversity.
- Players to watch: Metz will hope that Ibrahima Niane can get on the scoresheet, as his last two league goals have come in wins, both times as their last scorer. Also known for battling to the bitter end is Amine Gouiri, who’s scored Nice’s last goal in three of his previous four goalscoring away league matches.
- Hot stat: Nice are the only Ligue 1 side yet to lose a second half on the road (2H: W6, D4).