Cameroon – Comoros Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cameroon 2-1 Comoros
Date: 24.01.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Play Offs – 1/8-finals | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cameroon – Comoros Match Preview
- This year’s African Cup of Nations (AFCON) hosts Cameroon got their group stage work done early, winning their first two games before drawing their last vs Cape Verde to remain unbeaten and finish top of Group A. Africa’s second-most successful side in the competition (five titles) look to be peaking at just the right time; they’ve won six of their last seven fixtures (D1) while scoring the most goals in the group stage (7).
- Since their back-to-back titles in 2000-2002, the ‘Indomitable Lions’ have navigated the group stages six times in AFCON tournaments, only to fall at the first knockout hurdle on four of those occasions. But Cameroon will be major favorites to get past African minnows Comoros here, especially as they’ve come out of their two previous H2H matches with a win and a draw.
- Comoros took the scenic route to progress from the group stages in their debut tournament, after losing their first two fixtures ‘to-nil’, they produced one of the upsets of the tournament by beating Ghana (3-2) with a late winning goal in the 85th minute of their last group game. The odds will be stacked against them again here though considering they’ve never won consecutive competitive matches outside of friendlies.
- Although ‘Les Coelacantes’ are FIFA’s 132nd-ranked nation, they continue to try and punch above their weight – 12 of their last 18 fixtures have been close encounters that have ended as a draw or been settled via a one-goal margin. Many people didn’t know of Comoros a week ago, but a win here for the East Africans would have a lot of people googling where they are on the map!
- Players to watch: AFCON 2021 top-scorer Vincent Aboubakar has seen all five of his tournament goals arrive within the ten minutes on either side of half-time for Cameroon, while Comoros are undefeated when El Fardou Ben gets on the scoresheet (W7, D3), including his goal against Cameroon in a 1-1 draw.
- Hot stat: There has been a first-half goal in 13 of Cameroon’s last 16 fixtures.