Angers – St Etienne Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Angers 0-1 St Etienne
Date: 26.01.2022 | Match at: 19:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Angers – St Etienne Match Preview
- Midtable Angers continue to show character and proved it again versus Troyes last weekend, claiming a 2-1 victory despite conceding first in the 11th minute, a result that has further contributed to the division’s fourth-best average points return (1.0) after conceding first this campaign (W2, D4, L4). In this matchup, they’ll look to claim consecutive league wins for the first time since August to help to reduce their current five-point gap to the European places.
- The host’s quality in the final third could be key here, as you have to go back to the 1979/1980 season to find the last time that they scored as many goals after 21 rounds in the top flight (28)! That’s a good omen then as they’ll probably have to score twice to take the three points here, registering only one clean sheet across the previous 12 top-flight H2Hs at Stade Raymond Kopa (W2, D4, L6).
- Visiting St Étienne’s 1-0 loss away to rivals Lyon last weekend saw their losing streak extended to an embarrassing seven Ligue 1 matches which has further consolidated their bottom-of-the-table status. They desperately need to avoid defeat here, or they’ll be remembered as the first St Étienne side to lose eight successive top-flight matches in the club’s 102-year history!
- ‘Les Verts’ are already eight points from safety, and the absence of AFCON participant Wabhi Khazri – who accounts for 39% of St Étienne’s league goals this term – only makes matters worse. The visitors have also failed to score in their last three top-flight road trips, whilst they haven’t fired four away scoring blanks in a row since February 2008.
- Players to watch: Thomas Mangani was Angers’ hero against Troyes. That brace marked his seventh and eighth penalty goals from his last nine Ligue 1 strikes. Knocked out from AFCON with Gabon, St Étienne will benefit from the return of Denis Bouanga who’s scored two of his three Ligue 1 goals on the road.
- Hot streak: The last five Ligue 1 H2Hs have seen the home side on the day fail to score before half-time.