Egypt – Morocco Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Egypt 1-1 Morocco
Date: 30.01.2022 | Match at: 16:00 | League: AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Play Offs – Quarter-finals | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.84 | Bookie: Unibet.
Egypt – Morocco Match Preview
- Egypt have struggled to bury their chances so far, though they’ve proven to be good at squeezing out results winning two group games by a 1-0 scoreline to qualify for the knockouts. The ‘Pharaohs’ then progressed to this quarter final thanks to their solid backline, and a successful penalty shootout following a goalless stalemate with Ivory Coast.
- Considering Egypt’s Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) games have averaged a mere 0.75 goals per match, Egypt may well find themselves in another penalty duel. However, reassuringly for them is the fact they’ve won each of their last five penalty shootouts in AFCON tournaments.
- Though Morocco are the second-highest CAF zone nation in FIFA’s current rankings, this will be a stern challenge for them. They also need to defy history, having progressed beyond the quarter finals in just one of their last 11 AFCON appearances, with both quarter-final defeats during that time seeing a single-goal margin, including a 1-0 H2H loss in 2017.
- This time around, Morocco had to come from behind to win their Round of 16 clash against Malawi – a second successive game where the ‘Atlas Lions’ needed to claw back a deficit to avoid defeat. If something similar were to happen here, it would mark the first comeback win in any H2H encounter, with nine of the last 12 H2Hs producing under 1.5 goals.
- Players to watch: Mohamed Salah was in the Egypt side that knocked Morocco out in 2017, and it was his nerves of steel that eventually won the day in their penalty shootout last time out. For Morocco, Achraf Hakimi has scored decisive goals in their last two AFCON matches, including a stunning free kick in the Round of 16.
- Hot stat: With three yellow cards and no reds, Egypt are the best disciplined side at this AFCON tournament.