Millwall – Preston Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Millwall 0-0 Preston
Date: 01.02.2022 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 23 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet.
Millwall – Preston Match Preview
- Two strikes after the hour mark saw Millwall beat promotion-chasing West Bromwich Albion 2-0 on Saturday, ending their four-game Championship losing streak in the process. The ‘Lions’ will look to add to that victory in this clash versus Preston North End, a side they’ve beaten in almost two-thirds of home second-tier H2Hs (W15, D4, L5), as they eye another win which would see them move to within six points of the playoff spots.
- However only two competitive victories at this venue since early November (W2, D2, L2) suggests this will be tough battle for Millwall. That’s especially true as they remain one of only eight Championship sides yet to score 30+ league goals this term, although Millwall had netted more at this stage just twice across their last six Championship campaigns.
- A late equaliser last time out saw visitors Preston continue their resurgence under new manager Ryan Lowe, and they’ve now scored 2+ goals in five of their seven league games since his arrival. They’ve also netted a third of their Championship goals this campaign during that run (11/33), with their last performance (2-2 vs Bristol City) confirming Lowe‘s specialisation in second halves as Preston scored twice after half-time – taking their tally of second-half strikes to nine under Lowe.
- North End have won just four of their 14 away league matches this term, but with all those wins arriving across the previous seven league trips (L3), visiting fans will still believe that a late push for a first playoff spot since 2008/09 is possible.
- Players to watch: Mason Bennett finally opened his scoring account last time out and he also netted a late winner in the last H2H held here in March 2021. Preston‘s Ched Evans scored the opener that day, but his two league goals this season have arrived after the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: Millwall have scored 11 of their 16 home league goals (69%) beyond the hour mark, whilst the same is true for seven of Preston‘s 13 away league strikes (54%).