Argentina – Colombia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Argentina 1-0 Colombia
Date: 02.02.2022 | Match at: 00:30 | League: SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 16 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.46 | Bookie: Unibet.
Argentina – Colombia Match Preview
- Suspensions plus a host of Covid related absentees – which included manager Lionel Scaloni – has meant Argentina were dealt a far from ideal hand when it came to preparations for this latest batch of World Cup Qualifiers (WCQ). Thankfully for them they’ve already qualified for a place in Qatar, though beating fierce rivals Brazil to top spot remains an aim. That’s why with this context, Friday’s 2-1 win away vs Chile felt significant and impressively stretched their WCQ unbeaten run to 18 matches (W10, D8).
- One of those eight draws includes a 2-2 with Colombia in the reverse WCQ clash, a result which means the ‘Albiceleste’ have failed to secure victory in the last four H2Hs – inside 90 minutes at least (D3, L1). That’s despite conceding the opening goal of the game in only one of those fixtures.
- Colombia will be desperate to maintain that good H2H record after an unremarkable qualifying campaign (W3, D8, L4) has left them needing to try and bridge a two-point gap to Uruguay who currently occupy the play-off place. Yet, without a WCQ goal in six matches (D4, L2), it’s tough to see how Reinaldo Rueda’s men outperform their underdogs tag here.
- The visitors conceded six goals on the road in their away WCQ clash with Ecuador in November 2020, but reacted by restricting their opponents to a goal or less in each of their five WCQ road trips since. However, just one win in that sequence again points to Colombia’s glaring issues in attack (D3, L1).
- Players to watch: Argentina’s Lautaro Martínez scored first-half goals in the last H2H, and in Friday’s victory vs Chile. For Colombia, Miguel Borja scored the game’s final goal in the previous WCQ H2H, and he also netted in his last club start.
- Hot stat: Argentina have led ‘to nil’ at half-time in three of their last four WCQ home games.