Birmingham – Sheffield Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Birmingham 1-2 Sheffield Utd
Date: 04.02.2022 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 30 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Birmingham – Sheffield Utd Match Preview
- Off-field drama turned into last minute drama on the pitch last time out as fan protests against the running of the club preceded Birmingham City squandering a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with crisis club Derby. A mixture of wasteful attacks and a complacent backline in the final few minutes cost the ‘Blues’ dear, unusual given the fact that prior, they’ve proven good value for victory this Championship campaign when striking first (W8, D2, L1).
- In rather curious circumstances, Birmingham had scored twice to claw back a 2-2 draw in their last home game, prior to the opposite happening to them at Pride Park. A late resurgence is not out of the ordinary for Birmingham either though, evidenced by their higher league goal return from 76’-FT (seven) at home than in the entire first half (six).
- Record-breaking Billy Sharp reignited Sheffield United’s playoff hopes as his 122nd Championship goal, which broke the division record, helped to secure a 2-0 win last time out. The ‘Blades’ looked to have been blunted after failures to beat Preston and Derby in previous games, though they now have just six points to make up on the top six with games in hand over their rivals.
- The ‘Blades’ haven’t been the most convincing pre-match favourites in away league games this term with a mere 38% win-rate (W5, D4, L4), though that does account for more points than they’ve earned as home favourites! Similar to Birmingham, Sheffield United have netted as many goals from 76’-FT (nine) as they’ve managed before half-time this term, contributing to their joint-second league high seven wins following a drawn first half.
- Players to watch: Lyle Taylor capped his Birmingham debut with a goal last time out, but he has never been on the winning side or scored in five meetings with Sheffield United (D1, L4). Only one of Sheffield United striker Sharp’s 122 Championship goals has come versus Birmingham, despite his 13 Championship games against them (D7, L6)!
- Hot stat: Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom saw his side score at least twice in all three prior personal H2Hs with Birmingham (W2, D1).