AS Roma – Genoa Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
AS Roma 0-0 Genoa
Date: 05.02.2022 | Match at: 15:00 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 24 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.66 | Bookie: Unibet.
AS Roma – Genoa Match Preview
- Roma manager José Mourinho celebrated his 59th birthday in a better mood than he might have done, as his charges have now won three consecutive matches ahead of this clash. The ‘Giallorossi’ now begin February just five points behind the top four in Serie A (SA), and the recent arrivals of Sergio Oliveira and Ainsley Maitland-Niles shows they’re ready to fight their way into the top spots.
- Defence remains an issue though, with Roma conceding 30+ goals at this stage for the fourth consecutive SA season – something they had suffered just once across 13 preceding campaigns. Still, Roma have a true psychological edge, beating Genoa in 14 of their last 15 top-flight home H2Hs, despite conceding eight times across the last five such clashes.
- Genoa may lack the firepower to continue that recent H2H trend, as only bottom side Salernitana have scored less than the Rossoblù’s 20 league goals to date. New boss Alexander Blessin at least solidified their defence as his side secured a goalless draw with Udinese on his debut, but that does mean Genoa have now failed to score in four of their last five SA matches and they remain firmly stuck in the relegation zone.
- The visitors are also winless in ten top-flight away matches (D5, L5), failing to score a single goal in all three away outings against sides entering February inside the top seven (L3). Each of those matches also saw Genoa concede no later than in the 15th minute.
- Players to watch: Sergio Oliveira has scored in both of his SA matches for Roma so far, netting inside the 31st-45th minute period each time. Seeking a hero themselves, Genoa will hope that former Atalanta youngster Roberto Piccoli could score on his debut, having netted against Roma here last term as a Spezia player.
- Hot stat: Roma have won seven of their eight SA home matches against teams that currently stand below them.