Lorient – Lens Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lorient 2-0 Lens
Date: 06.02.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 23 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lorient – Lens Match Preview
- All of that has put ‘Les Merlus’ in firm danger as they find themselves in the drop zone and three points from safety, although they’ve at least been relatively hard to beat at home (W3, D4, L3). The last 20 minutes is where they need to improve however, as Lorient have conceded each of their last four home goals during that period, costing them five points in the process.
- Visiting Lens may have won only two of their last nine Ligue 1 matches (D3, L4), but they’re still firmly in the European place chase, provoking dreams of a first European campaign since 2007/08. Much of their success so far has been built on great attacking performances, highlighted by the fact you’d have to go back to 2001/02 to find the last time Lens scored more goals after 22 rounds (36) – and that season saw them finish second!
- The visitors’ away games have often been topsy-turvy affairs though, and each of their last four league road trips have witnessed the side that opened the scoring fail to win (D1, L3). Curiously, that has also been the case in each of the last three league H2Hs held here (W1, D2), but they might take confidence in winning 3-2 in last season’s corresponding fixture.
- Players to watch: Armand Laurienté has been Lorient’s first scorer in his last six top-flight goalscoring matches, including the reverse H2H. Aiming to eclipse him will be Lens’ Seko Fofana who has scored five of his six league goals this season after half-time.
- Hot stat: Five of the last six Ligue 1 H2Hs have witnessed more goals during the first half than in the second.