Ath Bilbao – Espanyol Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Ath Bilbao 2-1 Espanyol
Date: 07.02.2022 | Match at: 21:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 23 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Ath Bilbao – Espanyol Match Preview
- Round 23’s La Liga (LL) action concludes on Monday with an interesting tussle between two sides who hold an outside shot at European qualification, Athletic Bilbao and Espanyol. Athletic start this matchday with a four-point advantage over their opponents and sit just five points shy of the Champions League places, whilst extra confidence will be taken from their last-minute Copa del Rey quarter-final victory over Real Madrid in midweek.
- Winning three of their last five LL outings (D1, L1), Athletic’s upturn in form has been aided by a frontline that’s netted an average of 1.6 goals per match in that stint, more than double the average they managed across their opening 17 LL outings this season (0.76). They’ve also lost just one of their last six home LL H2Hs (W4, D1) as manager Marcelino hopes that his side can avoid recording back-to-back home league losses for the first time during his reign!
- In this 172nd LL meeting between the two sides, visiting Espanyol will be hoping to add to their record of beating Athletic more times than any other side in the competition’s history (W65, D35, L71). The ‘Parakeets’ have also netted more times against Athletic than any other club in top-flight history (237), though they may struggle to add to that here as they’ve failed to score in 45% of their LL away matches this term.
- Subsequently winning just once on the road this league season (D4, L6), Espanyol are at least unbeaten over their last two (W1, D1). They did concede in both of those and have now conceded in seven straight LL outings, so more misery could be coming their way in this clash.
- Players to watch: Athletic’s Oihan Sancet has seven LL goal contributions this season (G4, A3), with six of those arriving across his last four league appearances (G4, A2). Espanyol’s Raúl de Tomás is LL’s joint-second topscorer (G12), and has three strikes in four previous H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Athletic are averaging 6.64 corners per LL outing this season – the competition’s highest tally.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Ath Bilbao 2-1 Espanyol Predictions and Betting Tips 07.02.2022"