West Ham – Watford Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
West Ham 1-0 Watford
Date: 08.02.2022 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 24 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet.
West Ham – Watford Match Preview
- West Ham United had to dig deep to see off sixth-tier Kidderminster Harriers in the FA Cup, equalising in injury time and then finding an extra-time winner when penalties seemed inevitable. But David Moyes’ side are nothing if not fighters and only Liverpool (12) have scored more Premier League (PL) goals after the 75th minute than West Ham’s ten all season.
- However, they’ve conceded nine during the same period – including in their last league game vs Manchester United (L 1-0) – so tightening up late on could help their tilt at a top-four place. While two consecutive PL defeats will be a concern for the current fifth-placed ‘Hammers’, there is encouragement to be had at the Olympic Stadium where they’ve scored 2+ goals in five of their last six home league matches (W3, D1, L2).
- That could be a problem for third-from-bottom Watford, whose new manager Roy Hodgson described the opportunity to take over as a ‘siren call from the mermaid’. According to mythology, mermaids used such calls to lure sailors into rocky waters – and their doom – but the 74-year-old is looking to write his own fairytale final chapter by navigating Watford to the promised land: PL survival!
- With Watford now just one point from safety following consecutive league draws at Newcastle and Burnley, ‘Hornets’ fans can be optimistic, particularly as the draw at Burnley (0-0) featured their first PL away clean sheet since January 2020. Although this game will likely present a sterner test than those matches against fellow bottom-half outfits, Watford are unbeaten in five of the last eight H2Hs as the away side (W4, D1, L3).
- Players to watch: Jarrod Bowen has scored four times across West Ham’s last three home fixtures, with two of those goals arriving after the 80th minute. For Watford, four of Josh King’s five PL goals this season came on the road.
- Hot stat: Watford have lost their last four PL away games in London by a one-goal margin.