Norwich – Crystal Palace Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Norwich 1-1 Crystal Palace
Date: 09.02.2022 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 24 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Norwich – Crystal Palace Match Preview
- Norwich City made it four victories in five matches with their 2-0 FA Cup away win at Wolves at the weekend (L1). But whilst fans of the ‘Canaries’ might be starting to dream of a trip to Wembley, it’ll be Premier League (PL) survival that remains the priority for boss Dean Smith. There are some PL positives for Norwich though, as after 22 matches they currently have two points more than in their last ill-fated PL campaign, and a win here would see them secure three straight top-flight wins for the first time since 2012.
- Their recent upturn in form coincides with much better attacking performances. Although Norwich are still the league’s lowest scorers (13), five of those strikes (38%) have arrived across their last two matches. Those two wins also contributed to a record they share with only league leaders Manchester City, that of winning 100% of their matches when scoring first this season – albeit they’ve managed to bag the opening goal on just three occasions.
- Mid-table Crystal Palace also return to PL action on the back of a FA Cup victory, seeing off lower-league Hartlepool 2-0. Manager Patrick Vieira will be hoping that will act as a timely confidence boost given that his team have managed only one win across their last six league matches (D2, L3). That sole victory did at least come against match opponents Norwich (3-0), making it four H2H wins across the last five against the Norfolk side.
- All three of Palace’s goals in December’s win against Norwich arrived before half-time, yet each of their four PL goals scored since that game have arrived during the second half. That’ll be no surprise to the Palace faithful as slow attacking starts have been an ongoing theme in the Eagles’ season, with 68% of their PL strikes coming after the break.
- Players to watch: Not only did Joshua Sargent score his first two PL goals of the season last time out, but he also became the first Norwich player to score more than once in the PL since August 2019. Meanwhile, Palace’s Odsonne Édouard was a thorn in Norwich’s side in the last H2H, scoring one goal and setting two up.
- Hot stat: Norwich have won just one of their last 28 midweek PL games (D7, L20).