Monaco – Lorient Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Monaco 0-0 Lorient
Date: 13.02.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 24 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Monaco – Lorient Match Preview
- Monaco are looking to put pressure on Ligue 1’s top-five teams, as a return of just two losses across their last 11 league outings (W5, D4) has put them on the verge of the European places. New manager Philippe Clement will still be expecting more from his side though as they’ve failed to score in 35% of their matches – Ligue 1’s joint-second worst record.
- The ‘Monégasques’ impressive home form could be key, as they’ve won their previous four league games at the Stade Louis II, shutting out the opposition on three occasions. They’ll also want revenge after losing the reverse fixture 1-0, and will be hoping to maintain their record of never suffering a league double against Lorient.
- While Lorient remain embroiled in the midst of a relegation battle, things are beginning to look up after they claimed points in three of their last five league outings (W1, D2, L2). Not only did Lorient win 2-0 last time out to end their 15-game winless Ligue 1 run, but that victory over one-time French champions Lens will likely provide a huge confidence boost ahead of this clash.
- Despite that prior 15-match winless streak, ‘Les Merlus’ still possess one point more than at this stage of last season when they finished above the drop zone by two points. The visitors’ biggest concerns still lie on the road though, as they remain Ligue 1’s worst traveling side and are yet to win away from home this campaign (D4, L8), now losing each of the previous seven such trips!
- Players to watch: Wissam Ben Yedder dominates the Ligue 1 top scorer standings with 14 goals and has found the net in each of Monaco’s previous nine home league matches. Lorient’s Terem Moffi will look to eclipse him here, as he’s scored within the opening 31 minutes in the last three H2Hs.
- Hot streak: The last eight Ligue 1 H2Hs held here have seen the opening goal scored within 25 minutes.