Fulham – Huddersfield Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Fulham 1-2 Huddersfield
Date: 19.02.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 33 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Fulham – Huddersfield Match Preview
- After league-leaders Fulham became the first second-tier side since Everton in 1954 to score 6+ goals in three straight games earlier in the season, their scoring exploits have calmed down somewhat. Fulham have now scored just once in three of their last five games (W3, D1, L1), but they remain well on track to become the first Championship side to hit triple figures in a season – they must score just 1.38 goals per match on average for the rest of the campaign to achieve that feat.
- With that being the case, Fulham should beat that record at a canter as they are already scoring an average of 2.6 goals per Championship game. Only a slim majority of those goals have come here at Craven Cottage (51%), which includes 11 match openers (W9, D2). Scoring a 12th match opener here and building on it may be necessary for Fulham if they’re to win though, as they have just one clean sheet across their last six home games (W3, D2, L1).
- Huddersfield Town’s fixtures have been less entertaining than Fulham’s, though their recent second consecutive 0-0 draw left fans with a bitter taste after a disallowed goal and a ‘stonewall’ penalty appeal. At least those draws mean that Huddersfield’s playoff fate remains in their own hands, as they extended their unbeaten run to an impressive 14 games (W7, D7).
- One of those draws also added to some recent good defensive performances on the road, where the ‘Terriers’ have now picked up three clean sheets across their last four away league games, including against fellow promotion-chasers Forest and Blackburn. However despite that solid defending Huddersfield will start as underdogs here, but may pay their outsider status little attention as they boast a 61% unbeaten rate in such league games this season (W5, D6, L7).
- Players to watch: Fulham’s scintillating Serbian Aleksandar Mitrović matched the all-time record for regular season Championship goals with his strike last weekend (G31), a record that was only set last season by Ivan Toney. For Huddersfield, Danny Ward scored a hat-trick in their last away victory and five of his previous seven goals came away.
- Hot stat: Fulham are the only Championship side with a positive goal difference in every 15-minute interval.