Bologna – Spezia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bologna 2-1 Spezia
Date: 21.02.2022 | Match at: 21:00 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 26 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bologna – Spezia Match Preview
- It has been tough lately for Bologna, with a five-game winless run leaving them languishing in Serie A’s (SA) bottom half. That’s contributed to them conceding the most goals at this stage of a league campaign (40) since 1955/56 (1.67 per game) and while relegation seems unlikely, their solitary goal across the last 396 minutes of play is a trend that needs to improve quickly if they are to guarantee their top-flight status.
- Should the ‘Rossoblú’ blank again, it would be the first time Siniša Mihajlović’s side have failed to score in three straight league games under his leadership. Fans will hope that history can repeat itself for a third time then, as Bologna have won (albeit with both teams scoring) after both of their back-to-back scoreless games under their manager’s reign.
- A 2-1 loss to Fiorentina last round came after a positive January for Spezia (W3, D1, L1) and a Manager of the Month award for Thiago Motta. As the youngest SA side on average, they should rebound quickly and make a fair effort towards improving on their league record as matchday underdogs (W5, D3, L13).
- Spezia’s youthful vigour has seen them find the net in a club-record eight consecutive SA matches (W4, D2, L2). Because of those exploits, only four sides won more points than the ‘Little Eagles’ during this period, but a historically tough fixture awaits, as Spezia have won just one of the last nine league H2Hs (D3, L5).
- Players to watch: Riccardo Orsolini scored both of Bologna’s goals across the last five rounds, making him a focal point as Mihajlović aims to further boost a strong personal record vs Spezia (W2, D1, L1). Also influential is Spezia’s Daniele Verde, as they would be seven points worse off without his last four goal involvements (G2, A2).
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, Bologna (ten) and Spezia (11) are in the top-three SA sides for goals conceded between the 61st-75th minute.